Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

 I am such a bad photographer because I didn't get ANY pictures with my mom on mother's day!!!  SOO sad!  It was a fantastic day none the less.  All I asked for was to sleep in a bit.  Jed has been waking up sooo early.  So, Jesse accommodated my wishes and before Jed woke me up, Jesse got him and played with him.  My gift this year was a little bistro table set up in my courtyard so I could watch Jed and read or have a snack.  I LOVE IT!!!  The boys set it up and when I woke up, Jesse popped in some cinnamon rolls and we had fresh cherries in our courtyard.  Funny side note... I commented to Jesse that he must have been reading my mind about cinnamon rolls... he said, "No... you asked for them"... must have been one of my pregnancy food mutterings!  We headed to my parents for a late 2nd breakfast... who needs only one???  

My grandma recently had neck surgery, which explains the brace.  Jed was so tired and went to sleep before people came over and of course, slept the entire time!  It was a relaxing meal... home made pancakes, bacon, fresh berries and potatoes... mmmm...


Later in the afternoon, we decided to enjoy the big pool and little pool... Jed wanted to go back and forth!  
 Splash splash splash!
 Hmmm... what is this dog doing here?  He was intrigued at first then decided he would splash Arla.
 A bit hot or "aat" as Jed says.  Thanks grandma D!
 Jed and mommy watching "Bapa" (my dad's name given by Jed) do canon balls, jack knives, dives... into the big pool.  JED LOVED IT SO MUCH!
 It started with claps... then sign language for more (seen below)...
 ... then sign language for please...
 ... then body language for NOW!!!...  
It was so cute.  He was so excited about Bapa's big splashes that he couldn't wait for him to swim to the step and get to the diving board. Hilarious!  It was a very special mother's day... one to remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment