Thursday, July 11, 2013

Heat, Ice and Some Family Fun

 It was hot... so hot that my parents pool was like bath water... to put it this way, it felt cooler outside of the pool at 105.  SO... what does every extremist do (speaking of my father)... buy 400lb of block ice and put it in the pool.  

It just happened that my cousin Jonathan, from Auburn, Washington was in town shadowing my dad... and, my sister and her boyfriend DJ were in town.  So, hot was EVEN hotter to them!

At the grocery store... 
 dad: "I need all your block ice."
grocer: "ALL of it?"... "that's a lot of ice."
dad: "Yep.  EVERYTHING you have!"
 The kids couldn't quite figure out what was going on.

 The boys unloaded the ice in 2 loads... by the time the second load came in, the first was almost melted!

 Auntie Lolo and Riley.

 Riley was getting a little daring also!

 D and Bapa





 The following day we enjoyed a pizza party at our house and lots of pool time.

 We played basketball, yes, LAUREN and I played... (a first)... and it almost ended with the thug Lauren smashing my face in... :-/ 

 DJ and Riley made a special connection.

 Great Grandma and Grandpa even got out in the heat!




 Pizza time!


 Peek-a-boo 
 The best part of every pizza party is the dessert pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment