Thursday, October 1, 2009

Fun at the Zoo


Last Saturday I went to the zoo with Aubrey Rose, Blake and Cherie and Margie. When we drove up to the parking lot entrance, on the side of the road was Travis and Logan DeManby. So, we made a day of it and explored the zoo. It was a blast. I have not been there since I was a little girl... probably 10 - 15 years. They have made so many incredible improvements! One of the most interesting exhibits for me was the monkeys. The entire cage is draped with ropes so the monkeys have places to swing. They were very active when we went. The girls (and Blake) were so intrigued with all of the action.













Aubrey was just checking her wing span against the vulture... she has some growing to do!








































Another fun thing that the zoo offers is a trip to the giraffes where you can feed them. Their tongues are probably at least 1 foot long. Aubrey was so cute because she was really into it at first then when the tongue got close to her, she began leaning away more and more... my picture sequence was awesome!!! Logan was also fun to watch because she would stick her tongue out during when the giraffe would.


Margie and Aubrey had fun looking at the swan swimming around the mote.












This bear was so adorable, it looked like my Chihuahua all cuddled up in the winter time!!!
























The girls loved hanging out with each other. Logan would help Aubrey Rose around by holding her hand. When Aubrey was standing up high on the railing, Logan would want to join in... lets just say it was fun to watch them interact!
























1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures. You took some great ones Allie. I need copies. Bummed I missed it.

    ReplyDelete