Friday, July 20, 2012

32 weeks, 6 days

32 weeks, 6 days!!!
This may not seem like a milestone for many of you out there... for me, it is huge.  By this time in my pregnancy with Jedidiah, I was in a Magnesium Sulfate fog, pretty much laying lifeless in the hospital bed... being helped to the bathroom...thirsty as I'll get out, and so anxious about the health and future of my little baby.  So, here I am, 32 weeks and 6 days and at home with my family, where I should be... more than that, where I need to be.  

Throughout this pregnancy, I have experienced so many emotions of fear and anxiety and battled them with faith and trust in God's divine plan.  Most people can't come close to understand where I am coming from in these emotions...(it was a lonely 3 weeks in the hospital)... it's easy to tell other people to trust in God right???  But in the moment, it's not always so easy to do it yourself!  Through God's faithfulness and the prayers of many, I have felt an unbelievable amount of peace, especially in the last month or two.  And, I am able to do everything in my power to keep my uterus calm by not working. Praise God for that provision.  

So what have I been doing?  Well, getting some wonderful quality time with Jedidiah.  I have absolutely loved spending days with him, reading to him, looking at puzzles, introducing the idea of movies... watching him play outside while sitting in my rocking chair, learning, praying... oh, and making BOWS!!! Occasionally I will have a visitor, which is always nice!  I don't know how I would have done it without my mom helping me so much, especially in the last few weeks... she usually stops by or I am at her house every day during the day.  And my wonderful husband Jesse deserves a standing ovation for his patience, and exceptional care of a toddler and a hormonal pregnant lady... he did this to me right??? 

It has also given me the opportunity to practice for when Riley comes along.  Jed helps me but everything back in it's place... and he is very thorough... (for now at least... it may still be novel)!  At 20 months, we transitioned him into a big boy bed... and not had any trouble (yet)!  Jed takes his dirty diapers or any other trash to the trash can... which is a huge help!  We have been working on putting things in mommy's hands instead of throwing them at my head (a must before baby comes!)... It has been so great getting such special time with him... time where I am not busy running errands or out of the house... just me and him most of the day!  

I have loved day dreaming about my little girl.  I feel so connected to her (knowing that she is a girl helps)... I can pray more specifically for her and all that comes with being a girl.  I have also loved sneaking into Jed's room at night, and holding my two babies...one inside and one outside... (yes, when I really can't sleep, I have gotten him out of his bed and rocked him)... and praying for them.  This memory I will never forget.  

While I am not in the hospital, I have been having contractions.  Last weekend, I ranged from 4-8 a day so on Monday when I called my doctor, we decided to put me on a medicine called Terbuteline.  It is a smooth muscle relaxant.  I take it every 4-6 hours around the clock (so yes, that precious sleep is interrupted in the middle of the night!).  The side effects that I have experienced are tachycardia and jitteriness, but, it is so worth it because it has helped tremendously and I am down to 0-4 contractions a day!!!  Praise the Lord!  

SO... 3 more weeks!  Pray, pray pray!  3 more weeks is all I need for some freedom and peace of mind!  We can do it!  It may be a team effort, but God is faithful, and we will do whatever it takes to get to 36 weeks!  

P.S.  I've been stressing for all this time and I am probably going to go past my due date!!!  That would be my luck!
  

3 comments:

  1. Praying for you sweet friend!! You are such a beautiful person inside and out!! Your babies are so blessed to have you as their mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Allie! I agree with Tracy, you are a great mommy and a beautiful young lady - inside and out!
    Thanks for sharing your heart! Praying for you as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have encouraged me to TRY to slow down and enjoy a little bit more! It was so good visiting with you the other day:)

    ReplyDelete