Monday, October 31, 2011

A year ago today...

Tonight as loads and loads of kids came to our house, Jesse and I kept saying, "Last year not as many kids came..." We promptly remembered where we were last year... Not handing out candy, that's for sure!

One year ago today, we were 3 days in to a 21 day hospital stay.  Jed was negative18 days old.  Life was very different.  The mag sulfate was still in full force, my vision was still blurry, I still was unable to move much.  Life was tough.  Good days, bad days... days... lots of days...

Looking back, every minute... every single second of pain, uncomfortableness, loneliness, fear, discouragement... all of it was worth the joy that Jed brings to my life.  

Today, we celebrated a silly holiday.  It was fun to be with family and friends.  Most of all, it was just great to hold my little boy, in my ARMS reflecting on how hard we worked to keep him safe and how God's goodness filled and has continued to fill our hearts with so much joy, despite our circumstances. 

We didn't go trick-or-treating... didn't find a need to, but we still had a blast dressing up!



My bulldog was such a sweet bulldog, he even stuck his tongue out like a little puppy!

No comments:

Post a Comment