Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Meeting Great Grandma and Grandpa

A few weeks ago we went to Loma Linda to visit my grandparents.  After hearing news that my grandpa (mom's dad) has stomach cancer, my grandparents left Auburn, Washington (where they live half of the year) and quickly headed to Loma Linda for treatment.  Their intention was to stop in Fresno to meet Riley, however, plans change!  So, my cousin Melissa decided to fly in from Hawaii, my cousin Leonard flew in from Arizona, Lauren joined us from Malibu and my mom, myself and the kids  drove from Fresno.  It was a blast!  

Doesn't she look so HAPPY!!!  Great grandma loves babies and is fantastic with them!  
 Melissa and Leonard played with Jed... Jed LOVED them and the new toy from great grandma!
 Great grandma and grandpa holding Riley and Jed.  Riley was 6 weeks old at the time.
 Great grandpa had a great idea... SPRINKLERS!  It was hot and Jed was ready to get wet!
 Melissa with Riley.
 Great grandpa doesn't exactly like holding babies but he did a great job for grandma's scrap book!


 This is a great picture... it captures 5 Generations.  This is MY great grandma Lucille.  She remarried my great grandpa (who passed away in 2008) after both of their spoused had died.  They were married for 10 years and for a large portion of my life.  She is a wonderful lady and kept my great grandpa alive a lot longer they he would have alone!  
 More sprinkler time... Rooster tail! 
 Grandpa has lots of cars... LOTS!  He has a beautiful Buick that he recently redid.  This is a picture of Jed looking in the tires of the car.  He loves tires, especially shiny ones!
 The grandkids and great grandkids... minus Jonathan and Chandler (we missed you!)
 Thanks for hosting us crazy kids all weekend!  We had such a great time with you and pray for your treatment and recovery!

No comments:

Post a Comment