Sunday, April 7, 2013

Riley's ... 7 - 8 months

Riley's personality has begun to show so brightly.  She is a go-getter... aggressive, sweet... she will take pacifiers from small children... while crawling right over them.  Her favorite playing location is lodged in the corner where all of her (and mostly her brother's) toys are located, often getting stuck.  

At 7 months she began crawling and now at 7 1/2 months she has started pulling herself up on things... I feel as though I am in trouble with her!!!  

At the same time, she is the sweetest little angel.  She gives me open mouth slobbery kisses, I love them.  She isn't a cuddler by nature but there are times where she allows me to hold her, we just snuggle while she grabs my necklace, nose, hair or cheek... (busy little bee)...

Hair is growing in, slowly... she has 2 teeth.  

Food: this is my daily struggle, she has to feed herself.  My mom always told me how stubborn I was as an infant and, well, I see that in Riley.  I have to be creative with food, cutting up and freezing all sorts of weird things.  I can't spoon feed her without her entire outfit and body needing a wash!  Oh well... such is life!

Her daddy is the best at putting her to sleep.  I'm not sure what special touch he has, but, he has it and I don't!  She loves falling asleep in his arms, can you say "daddy's girl"?

Jed and Riley have a special relationship... some times love, and when toys are involved, well, not as much love... Jed loves kissing Riley and occasionally holding her.  If she is sleeping, Jed asks, "where's Riley?" I love watching the two of them!  

We love you Riley!  You are a special girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment