Monday, April 1, 2013

Visiting Great Grandparents

 Recently my grandpa went through a major surgery to remove a large cancer tumor from his stomach wall.  His surgery was in the beginning of March.  It was a huge deal... 8 hours, partial or entire removal of 3 organs, 3 pints of blood, ICU... the whole 9.  All that to say, he is doing well and we went to visit him!!!  

GREAT GREAT Grandma!!!  
 Auntie Lolo even came over to visit from Malibu.
 Riley got to meet her great aunties for the first time.  
 5 generations
 We got Jed what I call a "peace offering"... good behavior for a toy... A BLOWER!!!  (I normally don't do that but, it had to be done.)
 He loved it.

 Great grandpa resting... the steri-strips show just how large his incision was!
 Seriously... 4+ hours of pure joy.

 My mom's middle sister Debbie.

 Riley got lots of attention... she also left Fresno sorta crawling and returned a crawling machine!

 I love these curtains.  They represent so much to me because my great grandpa once lived in this house (the one my grandparents currently live in).  We lived down the street while my dad was a resident at Loma Linda Hospital.  I played for hours hide-n-go-seek in these very same curtains with my great grandpa.  So fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment