Friday, September 9, 2011

Happy Birthday to me!

My sweet mother in law gave me a great early birthday present... it's all about pancakes!  Last year I watched an episode of Rachel Ray and she had a guest who used a pancake pen to make all sorts of cool things for her kids. I wanted it so bad!  So when I saw this gift, I was so exited!  Of course, she got the Star Wars for Jed or "Jedi" as some call him.  Truth is, I have never seen a Star Wars movie.  

Side note... I have seen Alton Brown use ketchup and mustard squirters from the dollar store.
 I started off with a flower.  If you make the outsides first, then fill in the middle you get a neat patterned effect.
 Allie says from the kitchen, "Time for storm troopers"... I was corrected promptly from Jesse "Those aren't storm troopers Allie..."


 When I put the pancakes on the plate... Jesse said, "No Allie, those are opposing forces, at least put the X-Wing Fighter shooting the Empire's fighter ship!"... as if I knew or cared!!!  

1 comment:

  1. What a wise guy your hubby is! Need more inspiration for your pancake pen? I came across this website: www.jimspancakes.com/

    ReplyDelete