Sunday, September 11, 2011

Mystery Spot, Santa Cruz

For my birthday this year, Jesse took me to Santa Cruz for the night with Jed.  He has always told me about the Mystery Spot and I have always wanted to go!!!  So we went!  It was intriguing, frustrating and made my brain hurt.  I know there must be something to this, but I don't know what!!! 
 So we started by him explaining how the ground is level but its not.  Makes a lot of sense already.  One kid stood on one of the cement strips below and one on the other, same height.  They switch sides and one is extra tall.  Even though the level is level... yeah, frustrating.  
 Jed was so great even though he was SOOO tired!
 The board is level, I saw the level with my own eyes... it looks like it is much higher on the side where the guide was.  
 And, the ball rolls up hill... even though it is level... FRUSTRATING RIGHT???
 There are multiple other demonstrations in this house, many of which seem like optical illusions... 
 This one was weird.  These 5 people are in height order, shortest on left, tallest on right.  The plank they are standing on was level according to the level.  So, they switch, tallest for shortest, second tallest for second shortest and middle stayed the same.  They became level... weird!

Ultimately, it was an awesome experience, so fun and something to talk about for a long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment